So what are the "parts" that make up a Reality Capture project (1Ds)?

So I’m currently looking at the 1Ds viewport for a project that is somewhat far along, and I just don’t understand what role each “part” is playing in this. Images and control points are easy, but the set of small components and then there seems to be several copies of the main model: what processes create a new model? Is there a way to make it so it just updates the existing model? One of the copies comes from another that has classes, but the classes don’t exist in the copy, why?

I guess I’m just trying to understand: when a function/command is used in RC, what of these “parts” is effected (affected?)?

Hello,

The components are created during the alignment process. So if images do not have sufficient overlap, or the common features are not recognizable, it could be that multiple components get created from the same alignment process.

About the models. Every time you alter in any way an existing model, a new model will be created. If you filter out some parts, smooth it out, simplify it, or do anything to change the triangle count and the topology, a new model will be created.
So if you classified your model, these classes won’t be projected onto a new model. The reason is that the classification is connected to the topology of a model, not to the component. The process behind the classification is that it selects certain triangles of a model and places them under a classification layer.

I will link this thread here too, since it is the same question.