So... kind of messed up and looking for a fix

OK - I did a dumb thing. I have been working on a project with a mini-map and day/night cycles. I had everything working but the mini-map was showing the entire map, not just the are around the character. I found a fix and went to write the code, but it required me to delete some of the existing bad code. Usually when I mess with code I try to create a duplicate of the project and ensure it is working before making it live. For whatever reason this time, I forgot to do that (I blame it on trying to work before my morning coffee >.<).

I deleted the old code for the mini-map and saved… somehow, this broke my day/night cycle, although I am not entire certain just how. Regardless, in trying to now fix that, it started a chain reaction of errors and is kind of freaking me out.

IS THERE A WAY I can access previous builds and bring back a project pre-save? Undo isn’t cutting it. I just want to go back to the step before I messed with anything and start over with a duplicate build. I know a lot of programs have a ‘hidden feature’ to be able to do something like this and was hoping UE did as well.

Thanks in advance.

Frettingly yours,

A regretful, stupid programmer.

There’s an auto saves folder in

C:\Users\User\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Saved\Autosaves

You might be lucky. Otherwise, I’d recommend with hindsight, backing up :wink: