Snap to absolute numbers, decimals be gone!

Hi guys, I’m having an issue with the grid system, as it tons of decimals, and no matter how much I try do get round numbers and get rid of decimals when moving objects, it ends up shifting my assets when I stop correcting it.
Is there a way to make snapping more accurate and stick with absolute numbers instead of decimals? It’s driving me crazy.

Thanks!

223910-damnfloat.jpg

Yes, I’m using the grid snapping already :slight_smile:
The problem is that even with that on, moving and rotating objects will affect decimals somehow. After a while I started noticing shifting. I can’t fix hundreds of objects one by one deleting and averaging decimals, there has to be a way for Unreal to snap to grid and avoid decimals all together.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Would love a solution to this… Made a blueprint utility that “”"“rounds”""" out the rotations and locations but nomatter how I do it I get float precision issues. I can select the mesh and manually enter an absolute number, why can I not automate this process?

Still waiting for an answer in 2021. Why Unreal Engine are you doing this when snap to grid is enabled?

Imagine… rotation change your ‘pivot’/0.0.0 point. Now you move mesh eg.10 units. UE4 recalculate to world position and you have it…long tail…
Try your idea without rotation now - should work.