Snake game

Hi everyone,

I have jsut downlaoded UE4 and I am going trough all the tutorial Videos to get a hang of the Editor. As a first small Project, I plan to do snake (Snake (video game genre) - Wikipedia). To start, the head will just be a box, and I plan to add another smaller box to the head whenever the head collides with some ball object. My question is now: How to I make it so that the smaller boxes follow the head? What is the easiest way to do this? The plan is to later replace the box with some reindeer and the smaller boxes with sleighs.
Do you have any hints on how to accomplish this? Is this easier to do in BP or C++? (Note i am by no means a professional C++ programmer)

You should never really use just one or the other. But I mainly use C++, It’s going to be more optimized than blue prints and therefor faster. It’s also a language that is standardized
whereas blueprints are UE4 only.

I would probably use the top down code template, I would also open up the UE4 API and possibly even one of there template games like ShooterGame to have a general template of how cameras and meshes are called in game.

This is actually harder than I thought it would be, I would possibly start off with editing their code first, like adding a crouch feature to the fps template and so on.

That being said, I would be happy to work on it with you if you’d like a buddy and someone to bounce ideas off of. I’m not the most experienced either but I’m always up for a challenge.