Smooth Crouching in Multiplayer

I was following the steps that TJ Ballard posted in another answer to make smooth crouching and it works perfectly. Now I’m trying to convert this BP to make it work in multiplayer. The crouching mechanic works fine for the server and client (both can duck under an obstacle and are blocked when trying to get up beneath it). But as soon as a client goes into crouch mode, the camera starts stuttering up and down heavily instead of going down smoothly. I’ve already tried several attempts to fix it, but I’m stumped. I would be so glad if anyone could take a look at this.

Here is my (slightly changed) BP:

Any luck with this?

I’ve found a solution, but it has nothing to do with what I initially posted here.

It’s much easier - just crouch the player as you would in single player (I do it by setting capsule half height and walk speed) and then start a multicast event that sends this to every client that isn’t controlled locally (do this with a branch, press right click anywhere and type “is controlled locally” and connect them).

The camera automatically adjusts itself smoothly when the capsule changes height, so this is how I do a smooth crouching in multiplayer.

Actually there is a timeline that smoothes the camera movement (good thing I double checked) and this is how it looks. This extra function is not necessary, but it adds a little extra smoothness. Just add it in the client event after changing the capsule height (don’t multicast it) and it should look fine!

The Camera Location variable is set at the beginning of the game, you can just grab the current camera position or type a location of your desire in this.

So evidently your camera isn’t tied to your pawn’s mesh location. Your suggestion is what I had been thinking of doing, but I don’t have direct control over the camera like you do, but thanks for sharing!

While it’s not tied to any mesh, it is still part of the player character and tied to the capsule collision.

Hey! This is exactly what I need for my game, but it seems the images no longer exist. Could you reupload them? I really want my crouch to feel smoother in my FPS game. Thanks in advance!