Download

Smooth crouch and Shootergame

http://puu.sh/agvlB/fa1768ba76.png

This is what I have. It works in a default FPS project but in Shootergame the hands mesh won’t follow the camera. Instead the hands and weapon stay still ending with the camera ducking underneath them. I attached the mesh to the camera but it doesn’t change anything. Any idea why this is?

FirstPersonCameraComponent = PCIP.CreateDefaultSubobject<UCameraComponent>(this, TEXT("FirstPersonCamera"));
FirstPersonCameraComponent->AttachParent = CapsuleComponent;
FirstPersonCameraComponent->RelativeLocation = FVector(0, 0, 80.f); // Position the camera

Mesh1P = PCIP.CreateDefaultSubobject<USkeletalMeshComponent>(this, TEXT("PawnMesh1P"));
Mesh1P->AttachParent = FirstPersonCameraComponent;
Mesh1P->RelativeLocation = FVector(0.f, 0.f, -134.f);

I can’t answer your question directly, but this is how I debug if I have anything related to pawn/bp.
I parent additional arrow on the component that I think it moved weird, check and make sure they show up in game, and use multiplayer test locally and see what happens on screen from the other guy.
You can give both your Camera and your hand mesh and arrow but different color, and see of they actually moves accordingly.
(since you can’t see the FP mesh in third person.)

Well capsule doesn’t actually change. I have no idea why, though. I can make it get smaller by a tiny amount but it won’t really get to proper size. Is something blocking it? I know half height can be at it’s smallest the same as radius but this isn’t it.

Something I discovered is that the half height cant be less than the radius. Basically your capsule must always be taller than it is wider. Not sure if that’s affecting you, but its worth checking.