Smart Object Slot Link

I really like the idea of Smart Object but I’m having a difficult problem here. When I first tried to follow along with the guy in the GDC Video my Slot Link to the Dependent Slot seemed to work just fine, but now for some reason It’s not working at all. The Dependent Slot is not Activating. I have had a crash or two and am worried that maybe it is corrupted idk.

I was hoping maybe it was just a bug that had already been fixed but idk. I tried in 5.4 Preview and I also compiled 5.5 from source and tried it in there with the same results so I guess it could be a corruption issue that happened during a crash?

I’m pretty sure the first time I set it up it was working…but as I started building up the logic for this system I realized it wasn’t activating when I went to test it with two players. I didn’t think nothing of it because I assumed I had messed something up somewhere on accident like the Tags or something and would go back and fix it which doesn’t seem to be the case. I went back and watched the video and I couldn’t find anything I may have been doing differently.

Given the fact that there are no Examples Available Anywhere of a Smart Object with 2 Interactions setup on it I can’t be sure I am not doing something wrong.

Maybe this logic isn’t exposed to Blueprints? There isn’t enough in the documentation and in actuality it doesn’t even mention Slot Links at all so I guess they could have changed something but it isn’t clear to me if your even supposed to be manually enabling and disabling slots.

A Function does exist for this but without a Smart Object Slot Handle Structure for a slot you actually can’t Enable/Disable it so it seems kind of pointless since Find Smart Objects will only pull up those that are Enabled and there doesn’t seem to be a way to get a handle to one that is Disabled…

As you can see here, I specifically searched for one with that Dependent Gameplay Tag I assigned too it…now this works when it’s Enabled but if it’s disabled it simply won’t even show up.

So If I could somehow just get a reference too it I would enable it myself…but that doesn’t even seem to be an option. This system is so locked down that if something simply doesn’t work your screwed.