"Small white apartment" [WIP]

Had issues in the past with not getting enough light into my interior spaces. This is clearly a way to fix that :slight_smile:
Might be a bit too washed out tho … still learning.

97bfb003f93200c51919fbce65ea65b3ea7f0b75.jpeg

Looks great! What is the way that are you talking aobut?

You should repair the cable of your floor lamp and then plug it into the outlet. :stuck_out_tongue:

But everything else looks great :slight_smile:

Really nice quality of light in there - any tips?

Cheers,

Thanks for the lovely comments. I still have some splotches on top of the wall which I need to get rid of.

I hope this helps anyone, I just screenshotted all the settings that contribute to the lighting in any way.
Let me know if you need anything else, be more than happy to give back to the community as much as I can.

Hello sunchaser,
Thanks for sharing your setup.
What about the directionnal light?
And can you tell us more about the render time and your hardware spec.?
Cheers,

Thanks for that - really helpful!

I’m really struggling to get light to ‘bounce around’ in my interiors at the moment… I’m going to try some of your settings and see if they help!

Just to echo Etile’s comment- what are the render times like for this?

Cheers,

EDIT: also, which version of UE4? Are you using the light portals in 4.11?

Sorry guys, I was away for a couple of days (I’m Belgian -> check the news to see why that’s relevant :/)
@etiles:

• directional light setup (see screenshot below)
  • render time: 25minutes (mind you , the scene has not been optimised)
  • hardware spec: macbook pro
    @Knickers
  • UE version : 4.11, using lightportals (also check below screenshot to see the hole in the ceiling to draw even more light in.

Thanks for taking the time to post these - especially with everything going on in Belgium at the moment.

Stay safe.