Small LED wall panel and camera tracking for virtual production

Hello everyone, I’m a college student in a production/post-production program and my school got a LED wall panela couple month ago. Unfortunatly, nobody know exactly how all of this works, so it was up to me to figure out and learn. :sweat_smile:

The LED panel isn’t that big, 80inch in width and 100 inch in height. The way they installed it, the LED works as a 3rd computer screen. We got a novastar VX400 to run the led panel and only the main computer for unreal/switchboard, etc. We also have a VIVE CamTrack to put on a camera to track movement in unreal. I successfully figure out and documented how to install, connect and link the VIVE system in unreal and also how to create a frustum with a nDisplay to film with a better fluidity and a smoother background render.

My question is :

Since the LED panel is kinda small and restrict me to use longer focal lens, is it possible to track my camera from the VIVE system to make a render on a bigger focal lens in UE? I don’t know if there is an easier way to do it, but I think about filming with a wider lens even if we see around de LED wall, trying to keep the actor in front of the LED and do some compositing afterward. But to do the compositing I need to render with the same mouvement the rest of the scene to comp it and create a scene extention.

Thanks