Small details problem

I really enjoy RC but I have a problem that I can’t solve.
I ran many tests comparing RC to other solutions and the strength of RC is to extract data in the Shadow when others can’t (no matter the settings and CPs).

My Problem is that RC can’t mesh\model (even in High Details) small parts as streetlight - in Tiles Points you can see it very well!

Capture.JPG

c2.JPG

Please recommend me the settings that I could Model with it
I suppose there is some filtering that makes the mesh so clean and it filtering it out.
Thanks

Hi Gal Davidson
Why are you using the MAX REPROJECTION ERROR with 16 ( pixels ) ? Is there a reason to use these settings ?
Are the images captured just in NADIR ( UAV ) ?
What image overlap do you have there ?

Add 1:
Please click on the COMPONENT so that I can see the ALIGNMENT results, not only the ALIGNMENT settings…

Wishgranter wrote:

Hi Gal Davidson

Why are you using the MAX REPROJECTION ERROR with 16 ( pixels ? ) It’s there a reason to use these settings ?

Images are captured just in NADIR ( UAV ) ?
What image overlap have you there ?

Add 1.

Please click on COMPONENT so i can see ALIGNMENT results, not only ALIGNMENT settings…

I was just playing around to learn better the settings because I didn’t find good documentation that explains all the parameters.
I’m in the middle of another process right now so i’LL UPDATE THIS MESSAGE IN A FEW HOURS.

Answer: it’s only from UAV (Phantom 4) I already returned to default settings with no change. I’ll send the overlap picture very soon.
In all other photogrammetry software the streetlight reconstructed very well even in normal settings. (the test has been done 2 weeks ago before I bought you license).

Hi Gal,
it’s better to write a new message here than update your last one with new information, so that we can be notified about a new post.

Wishgranter wrote:

Hi Gal Davidson
Why are you using the MAX REPROJECTION ERROR with 16 ( pixels ) ? Is there a reason to use these settings ?
Are the images captured just in NADIR ( UAV ) ?
What image overlap do you have there ?

Add 1:
Please click on the COMPONENT so that I can see the ALIGNMENT results, not only the ALIGNMENT settings…

Please see the settings attached!
I tried almost everything settings possible from Default to even 100K max feature and I can’t see the base of the street lamp - in other software I see it. ***I would like to note that in Tiles Points you see it well even in Default settings***

problem.JPG

problem2.JPG

With Tile points:

problem 3.JPG

Hi Gal
You have there an ALIGNMENT point cloud, not the resulting, reconstructed mesh. Have you used my recommended settings for ALIGNMENT ?

Wishgranter wrote:

Hi Gal Davidson

You have there ALIGNMENT pointcloud, not resulting, reconstructed mesh. Have you used my recommended settings for ALIGNMENT ?

Hi Wishgranter,
You didn’t recommend any settings.
You asked to send you a print screen of the alignment report and I did.
The screenshots that you see above are of a Mesh (the final result of the reconstruction) and the last picture is the same Mesh but with a tiles points activated on top, just to show you that it can see/reconstruct the data just there is some filter that erasing the small parts to make the mesh clean and watertight…
So I’ll be happy to finally hear/read the Recommended settings.

Hi Gal Davidson
I have asked if you changed the alignment settings with the reprojection error from 16 pix down to the default 2pix

Change your alignment settings like here and then delete ALL components from the project and run ALIGNMENT again.
What GSD do you have there ? as it looks like pretty sparse cloud results… Have you changed something in the meshing settings ?

Alignment_settings.jpg

Wishgranter wrote:

Hi Gal Davidson

Have asked if you changed the alignment settings with the reprojection error from 16 pix down to default 2pix

Change your alignment settings like here and then delete ALL components from the project and run again ALIGNMENT.
What GSD have you there ? as it s look pretty sparse cloud results… Have you changed something in meshing settings?

Alignment_settings.jpg

it was made with reprojection of 3 - you can see it above (it’s different than the first post ).
didn’t touched the meshing settings in those pictures.

se.JPG