Sliders not handling focus properly

I’m running into an issue with UMG sliders. I have a special widget system set up to allow for proper gamepad and keyboard navigation. It explicitly moves between various input widgets by using an interface and setting focus on the widget. Very simply as the player moves from widget to widget “set user focus” along with the player controller doing the moving gets called. This works fine on buttons, checkboxes, combo boxes, etc.

It does not work fine on sliders. I just discovered an issue where after running “set user focus” (and yes I set a break point to make sure the correct player controller info was being passed to it), it does move to the slider, but it doesn’t seem to actually have focus unless the player presses the button to manipulate the slider. So even though the focus goes to the slider, if you try to navigate away from the slider, the custom navigation rules that I have set up, are never called. I have no idea how it’s deciding to move away from the slider.

If you push the bottom face button or enter on the keyboard and try to move the slider left and right at that point, the custom navigation is triggered. But you don’t want to move then, because you’re moving the slider. As soon as you push the face button again to stop moving the slider, it no longer interacts with the navigation.

See the attached screenshots for how I have it set up.

334462-slider1.png

334463-slider2.png

1 Like

I have the same problem. If certain UI elements are focused, the input override functions simply don’t work. I’ll linger here to see if someone has anything to say about it.