Sleeping Physics Wake Resistance

So I have some physics objects, that spawn asleep with physics simulating enabled. I want these to wake up if a heavy ball rolls into it, but I don’t want them to wake when similar objects or smaller ( or much, much lighter ) objects hit it…

How can i Adjust its sleep behaviour so that it will require more force to WAKE the physics object?
I’ve tried messing around with “Sleep Family” to Custom and increasing the Custom Sleep Threshold Multiplier, but this only adjusts how quickly it should fall back to sleep, not how quickly it should wake. The documentation and coverage of this feature is rediculously bad and undocumented…

Any pointers anyone?

Did you solve this?

Hi

Sleeping object will wake whenever a non sleeping dynamic body or kinematic body will come in contact with them ( the sleep parameters effectively are for the object to return to sleep )

The way to achieve what you describe would be to have the object set as kinematic ( moveable , with physics disabled ) and using a blueprint to detect if something hits it
Then you can filter based on the type of object or other parameters and enable physics accordingly

Hope this helps

Thank you for response. Unfortunately this is not enough. If I enable physics after the hit, the collider A stops as if it collided with a static object (object B), and then the object B (in my case road sign) falls and my car is stopped, which I want to be moving after it hit the sign, but loose a bit of speed, if that makes sense.

Another idea could be to keep the sleeping object and using a constraint component/actor to “attach” it
The constraint settings would have to be set so they are fixed in translation and potentially rotation two ( you could play with plasticity to get more interesting effect if necessary )
Then you can make this constraint breakable:
This would prevent smaller objects from detaching the object and larger one could break the constraint , you could also artificially break the constraint using blueprint if necessary

Hope this helps