SlateRemote failed to load

I get the following error when launching my 4.15 game on android:

Plugin ‘SlateRemote’ failed to load
because module ‘SlateRemote’ could not
be found. please ensure the plugin is
properly installed, otherwise consider
disabling the plugin for this project

I do not have that plugin enabled. I do not get it on every device. I only see it myself on a Nexus tablet with android version 6.0.1

Here is the logcat output

Hey joshmmo,

I’ve found a ticket in our system that seems to be related to this. You can track it using the link below:

Let me know if you have any further questions or if you don’t believe it’s the same issue.

Have a great day

I am also getting this after starting to use 4.15 with my Samsung Galaxy S6 that is on 6.0.1 as well. I have never used SlateRemote and it is not enabled as a plugin in my project either.

Unless there’s a workaround this is a platform-breaking issue as it prevents APKs from working.

There is a workaround listed in the link. I am going to try it now to see if it fixes the issue.

Tried deleting that folder mentioned in the link, didn’t help. I also tried enabling the SlateRemote plugin, then building, no go. Disabling after enabling, rebuilding. no go. Tried removing iOS as a supported platform (as SlateRemote is stated for use on iOS) - still same error.

However, I did go ahead and try making an empty project, no starter content, with default support of All platforms. Didn’t get the error. Tried with OBB separate file, and also again with packaged data within the APK. Again, no error.

Then I tried adding a Widget Blueprint for UI (which I use in my error’ing project) in this empty test project and adding it to the viewport through the level blueprint’s BeginPlay. Also did not error.

Next I tried adding a custom GameMode (parent as GameModeBase) blueprint, then a custom but empty MyHUD (parent as HUD) blueprint.

Still no error.

I have no idea what’s causing this issue for either of us. This is really, really weird.

Final attempt: Adding PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { “Slate”, “SlateCore” }); to my project’s Build.cs has prevented the SlateRemote error from coming up on the same device, even though I don’t use Slate at all - just UMG.

Deleting the directory didn’t work for me as well. I will try your change to build.cs later tonight.

The build.cs change did not work for me. I still get this error when enabling the plugin. Removing the directory doesn’t work.

It is preventing me from releasing a finished app.

4.16.1 I get the issue. Can’t launch a game