Slate SOverlay can we remove indivisual slots?

Hello every one…

I first initialize a overlay slot and later add items to it with some thing like this.

MainInventoryUI.Get()->InventoryOverlay.Get()->AddSlot()
			.VAlign(VAlign_Center)
			.HAlign(HAlign_Right)
			.Padding(FMargin(0, 0, 3, 0))

SAssignNew(QuickSlotUI, SQuickSlotFrameWidget)
				.PlayerStorage(PlayerStoragePtr)
			];

To remove the slot, I use something like this

if (MainInventoryUIContainer.IsValid())
		{
			MainInventoryUI.Get()->InventoryOverlay.Get()->RemoveSlot();
                 }

But, it only removes the top most slot only. Is it possible to assign the slots to a variable and remove only a particular slot?

//////////////////////////////// Edit

Solved

The addslot takes an index which gives the height where the slot is created

->AddSlot(1)

When you remove the slot, you need to provide the index and all slots with that height are deleted.

->RemoveSlot(1)

While you can use the ZOrder to distinguish between different slots, note that most multislot panels have a RemoveSlot overload that accepts a widget ref. For SOverlay:

void SOverlay::RemoveSlot( TSharedRef<SWidget> Widget )

The general idea is that if you’re dynamically adding and removing a widget, then most likely you’ll want to keep a reference to said widget in order to interact with it. Having a reference, you can use the widget overload.

Also, note that for complex use cases, you can also interact with the FChildren array directly. For instance, here’s how I iterate over the items in an inventory grid:

TPanelChildren<SGridPanel::FSlot>& GridSlots = *(TPanelChildren<SGridPanel::FSlot>*)InventoryGrid->GetChildren();
for( int32 s = GridSlots.Num()-1; s >= 0 && GridSlots[s].LayerParam > LAYER_BACKGROUND.TheLayer; --s )
{
}

Thanks for the reply…

How do I assign a slot while adding the slot?

Will something like this work?

NewSlot = MainInventoryUI.Get()->InventoryOverlay.Get()->AddSlot()

You shouldn’t need to – despite its name, the overload takes a SWidget, not a slot. So keep the SAssignNew you already have:

MainInventoryUI.Get()->InventoryOverlay.Get()->AddSlot()
.VAlign(VAlign_Center)
.HAlign(HAlign_Right)
.Padding(FMargin(0, 0, 3, 0))

SAssignNew(**QuickSlotUI**, SQuickSlotFrameWidget)
	.PlayerStorage(PlayerStoragePtr)
];

QuickSlotUI is the reference you would want to pass to RemoveSlot:

if (MainInventoryUIContainer.IsValid())
{
	MainInventoryUI.Get()->InventoryOverlay.Get()->RemoveSlot(**QuickSlotUI**.ToSharedRef());
}

Okay… So it basically checks the hierarchy up-to the slot and removes it?

Exactly. It just iterates over the slot array until it finds the widget you gave it, then removes that slot from the array.