SL: The Character portrait/ Comlink Thread

Hello, all. I am in the process of building a character portrait/Comlink system.for my game, Sanctity Lost. Something like this I was able to achieve that in UDK, by watching this tutorial , and using scaleform. It was awesome to see it work, but even then I had a few problems. the main one being the inability to make the portrait slide on and off the screen.

I am pretty new to UE4, and I am sure that there are tutorials already to help me port that to the new engine, however this time around, I would like to take it step by step. I will be asking questions about the various parts of the process as time goes on…Your help and assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

-Keltar-

I’ve moved this post to Content Creation from Community Content, Tools and Tutorials since this section is reserved for tutorials and tools people want to share that can help with any development.

AH! I see I thought I mistakenly put in in content creation originally. So this is where it belongs…

Question 1. I s it better to use video files for each conversation sequence, or import skeletal meshes for each character and use a render texture target 2d to capture their facial animations? (I plan to have a cinematic version for each speaking character)

Any chance I will get soe help on this?