Sky Creator

Dmitry,

Awesome! Works perfectly. Thanks.

Hi @Dmitry_Karpukhin, I just downloaded the latest version available for 4.26 from the EGS, but it shows as 1.30 in the Plugins list in UE; is this correct?

I’m also getting a crash when compiling a child BP of SkyCreator:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000010

UE4Editor_Niagara!FNiagaraComputeExecutionContext::Tick() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Plugins\FX\Niagara\Source\Niagara\Private\NiagaraScriptExecutionContext.cpp:1107]
UE4Editor_Niagara!FNiagaraEmitterInstance::PreTick() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Plugins\FX\Niagara\Source\Niagara\Private\NiagaraEmitterInstance.cpp:1089]
UE4Editor_Niagara!FNiagaraSystemInstance::Tick_Concurrent() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Plugins\FX\Niagara\Source\Niagara\Private\NiagaraSystemInstance.cpp:2169]
UE4Editor_Niagara!FNiagaraSystemInstanceAsyncTask::DoTask() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Plugins\FX\Niagara\Source\Niagara\Private\NiagaraSystemSimulation.cpp:434]
UE4Editor_Niagara!TGraphTask::ExecuteTask() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:886]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasks() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:1065]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:888]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThreadAnyThread::Run() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:965]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:86]

I’m also redoing my weather presets (given the clouds change), and noticed the Sun Light | Intensity property set in the weather preset is ignored (the value set in the SkyCreator BP is always used).

Hello!
It’s correct, the last version of the plugin on the 4.26 is 1.30. For the newest versions you should try latest engine versions, starting with 4.27 (I’m only able to support the latest 3 versions of the engine as a plugin developer).
Yes, 4.26 is full of Niagara crashes and this is one of them. It’s a rare circumstances combined that triggers the bug and I believe it’s because Weather FX of Sky Creator are using GPU particles. It’s fixed since 4.27, you can create a child BP of SC with no problem there.
To enable weather presets using Sun Light Intensity parameter, you should disable the “Sun Constant Intensity” variable on the SC actor.