"Skip Assigning Gamepad to Player 1 not working in UE5.1"

Hello everyone I’ve got a question. “The Skip Assigning Gamepad to Player 1” seems to be broken at UE5.1 and upwards. My question now is if theres a way around that to i would get this working in 5.1. Basicly Player 1 (Controlled by Keyboard) Player 2 (Controlled by gamepad). Is there maybe a work around that? maybe with 2 player controllers or something like that? please help me because i cannot downgrade my project to 5.0.3!

1 Like

I’m facing the same problem and don’t know how to get around it.(

Setting the “Controller Id” to 1 in the “Create Local Player” node resolved this issue for me

1 Like

Has anyone had success with this bug? Does not work for me in 5.3 still.

1 Like

iv got the same problem also on 5.3 … The bug report ticket claims that it been resolved but i still have the problem… at least i am not alone xD…

Just leaving this link here as there is a workaround solution in the thread. :+1:

Although the issue itself still remains in 5.3.2 :see_no_evil:

Hey guys. So it seems the solution for the “Skip Assigning Gamepad to Player 1” will be fixed in 5.4.

If you are in 5.3 and don’t want to mess with the C++ code or you have a BP only project, here you have a Plugin that I made that implements the exactly same fix that will be in 5.4.

It will only work on Windows and UE 5.3 but you can compile it for your platform yourself.
Steps:

1. Download the custom Plugin GameViewportLocalMultiplayer.zip - Google Drive
  2. Unzip and add it to your project in the Plugins folder.
  3. Open the Project (Enable the plugin GameViewportLocalMultiplayer) and go to Project Settings - Game Viewport Client Class and replace the current vlaue with the CommonGameViewportMultiplayer.
  4. Restart and Done

BTW: This will work with Common UI Projects so this Plugin inherits from Common UI Game Viewport. Just in case

Let’s wait for the final 5.4 fix but at least you have this for the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where did you check that fix is going to be done in 5.4? And what is the expected date?

hi.thanks for your support. but the new connection controller’s user id is wrong.