Skeletal mesh per poly collision only works in editor

Hi fellow devs,

I’ve been having trouble with the Per-Poly Collisions setting of Skeletal meshes only functioning in-editor. I am able to walk around on the skeletal mesh as expected while running in editor, however outside of the editor (packaged build or running as DebugGame from Visual Studio) I can no longer collide with the mesh.
I have verified that in all situations the “per-poly collision” boolean is checked and the collision type is set to Block All Dynamic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Chris

Or, in the event that I should try writing the system myself, does anyone know how to get vertex buffer information from a skeletal mesh? I’ve managed to get it for static meshes, just not skeletal meshes.

I am also wondering this. I need to dynamically set the mesh at runtime but when I load the game, there is no collision at all.

Hi all,

Thank you for your report. There have been many version changes to UE4 since this question was first posted. With a new version of the Engine comes new fixes and it is possible that this issue has changed or may no longer occur. Due to timetable of when this issue was first posted, we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes.

Thanks very much!