Skeletal Mesh merge, physic asset and cloth simulation problems

Hey everyone,

so I wanted to use the code epic provided in their docs for modular characters to create a merged skeletal mesh.
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/…lar-Characters

I managed to update the code and get it working and also exposed it to blueprint.
See the code here in my github:

But there is still a problem, there is no physics asset for the now created mesh, and only having one for the skeleton can’t seem right since the assets of the parts might variate in size.
How would I go about creating a physics asset for the now created Skeleton by merging the physic assets from the parts together?
Also when applying one pre-made physics asset working for all parts cloth simulation stops working.
It would be really great if we could get this working together.
I hope to get some answers.

Best regards.
Luis

Having similar issues here.

So if I follow that correctly, cloth simulation works for you after merging the meshes as long as you don’t apply a physics asset? Are you sure about that? I ask because, for me, using

FSkeletalMeshMerge::DoMerge

, cloth simulation does not work regardless of whether a physics asset is applied (using UE4.23.1.) It seems the cloth physics data is not copied across during the mesh merge, but if it does work for you then that would be very interesting to me.

​​​​​​No cloth simulation doesn’t work for me too after using the merge function, with ot without physics asset that doesn’t matter

Did you manage to solve it?
Having the same issue.

Also your plugin is not working in 4.23.1 and it is not rebuilding with following errors:

SkeletalMeshMergerBPLibrary.h(58) LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
SkeletalMeshMergerBPLibrary.h(61) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
SkeletalMeshMerger/Public/SkeletalMeshMergerBPLibrary.h(64) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
SkeletalMeshMergerBPLibrary.h(67) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
SkeletalMeshMergerBPLibrary.h(70) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
SkeletalMeshMergerBPLibrary.h(74) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
SkeletalMeshMergerBPLibrary.h(78) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.

Did you find a solution, having the same issue here too.