Skeletal Animations Based on Player Input

I’m trying to make a simple gun item that changes animation based on player input. I have already imported the skeletal and animations I want from blender and they all work the way I want. I just don’t know where to go from here. I’ve made ablueprint for the gun object but I cant add play animation nodes. Do i need to set up an animation BP before I can do any of this? What are some good resources you may have that can help me learn how to do basic skeletal animation that changes based on player input? I’ve looked at the UE4 documentation for animation but it hasn’t really helped. Thanks.

I could recommend you this guy: https://www.youtube/channel/UCM4kmLaBF10J2qsezFz-zxA …he made very nice blueprint tutorial starting here: ?v=3GgVUKcGvAY with basic setup for retargeting, putting a mesh into a blueprint and modify the controller, create 1D blendspace for movement, 2D blendspace for combat movement, aimspace and last one (so far) is how to equip and unequip weapon.

This tutorial series explains everything about characters/skeletal meshes + animations ->

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

Thanks, was looking at these individually but couldn’t find the whole playlist. glad you posted it :slight_smile: