Skeletal Actor material: Missing Vertex Factory FGPUSkinPassthroughVertexFactory

Hello all,

I am getting a very odd error and cannot see to figure out how to solve it:
Warning: Incomplete material Material__87, missing Vertex Factory FGPUSkinPassthroughVertexFactory.

Here is what I am doing:
I imported a character (tried several different one, all with the same error in the end) with materials and textures from a single fbx file.
I then packaged this into a pak file, which I then load in a game.
During the loading process, I get the error seen above.
I am not sure if that is the reason for what I am seeing:
The character geometry loads fine but instead of seeing the material, I only see the default black/white checkerboard material/texture on the character.
I tried applying the material many different ways (blueprint, c++) but all with the same result: black/white checkerboard.
To be clear, the material does have “Used with Skeletal Mesh” checked.
And it is in the pak.
I can apply the material without problems to a static mesh.
It’s just that for skeletal meshes, it does not want to show.
The only thing I can think of that might be causing this is the warning stated about about the FGPUSkinPassthroughVertexFactory.
I am using 5.0.3-release and have not made any engine code modification, nor do I implement any kind of custom render or shader related code, i.e. no factories at all.
Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Hi , have you found the solution?
I have the same experience, if i enable ray tracing, it will occur.
i guess it maybe caused by can not find that in engine? I don’t know, i just googled but found only one discussion - your discussion.

update
sorry, I checked again and found it doesn’t matter with RayTracing.

update again
I maybe found the reason.

I set these options then it works.

Sorry for the late response.
I eventually got it working. Unfortunately, I do not remember what I did, but most likely I just updated to a newer engine version, which often solves issues like that.