Skateboard system

Hello! I’m trying to make an arcadey skateboarding system that uses the base character movement component. My problem right now is turning. I’m using SetActorRotation in combination with AddMovementInput and it’s pretty unreliable.

This method adds acceleration while turning, which I don’t want. I want turning to affect the forward vector, not the speed. If i don’t add any input, the capsule just spins in one direction lol.

How would you approach something like this? I tried chaos vehicles and I couldn’t even get the thing to move lol. ANY advice at all would be appreciated!

Hey @pterafier1!

I would not use “SetActorRotation” but instead use Add actor (world or local depending on your use case) rotation that way you simple do turn with out hard setting the rotation. Is there a reason why you are needing to call add movement after setting the rotation instead of relying only on the forward vector / Move Forward event?

Hey thanks for the reply! Honestly forgot to reply but I figured it out! I’m not using the character movement component, instead I’m using custom movement. I’m adding to a speed float that sets a vector that I can use to SetActorLocation every frame. There’s a bit more to it than that but it works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.