Since the latest update

I am having trouble deleting files and keeping them deleted. For example: I imported a model that had a lot of garbage files attached with it, and I deleted all those garbage files, saved the folder. When I exit and go back to the dev kit, every time, they reappear. Again, I would delete, save the folder, leave dev kit, come back, and there are there once again…what can be causing this restoration of deleted files even after you save when deleting them? What’s even more odd is the last two times I started the editor trying to get these files to go away, I got a log error message stating some assets couldn’t be found, but all the assets it listed as not found were core game assets I never touched at all, and not related to my mod in any way…odd errors…

The first is a weird thing, when you create files/folders in the DevKit it creates and saves them to disk, but deleting either doesn’t at all or doesn’t always delete things from the disk. Check your mods folder, they’re probably still there. I suspect this may be because of authority? I’m not entirely certain of that though, haven’t bothered to test it. Not sure if it runs as Admin as default, probably doesn’t as it’s a batch file.

The second one happens to every one either all the time or randomly. Doesn’t seem to be any drawbacks to it, and I think it was a documented bug on the UEHub some time ago and apparently it’s just the editor playing up.

-WM