ok i have made a UI for my game with a Enumeration in 4.5.1. but since the engine update to 4.6.1. I cant set my Screen Type from Cast to (Hud Name) from dragging and dropping the target and typing in Set Screen Type to make it cycle back to the Enumeration, is this a bug or has the nods changed ? because when i moved the project i had to replace the remove from viewport to remove from parent, but since im using the Victory plugin i just use remove all Widget Classes, the only way i can get set to screen type is by copying the nod to other menu widgets
If you ask the Enumeration is in my Hud
I have a few questions that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Is this the only part of your HUD blueprint that you are having an issue accessing through casting?
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean 4.6.1 project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- If not, would it be possible for you to provide us with a copy of your project?
- If you make a new HUD blueprint in the 4.6.1 project will it then allow your to cast and grab the information needed?
Created a new Protect with the same outcome. To make this easier i did a video with the issue and steps to take, I also tested this in 4.5.1 which works but not in 4.6.1 (set screen type calls the var in the hud and tells it to go where on the enumeration)
Video Link: - YouTube
(please Note in this video im just using the onclickevent on the button twice to show how the set screen types setup, also in the steps i forgot to mention that you need to right click green socket on the enumeration and make Var, and name it Screen Type)
ok never mind after riddling around and investigating, when i converted the project to ue4 4.6.1 it didnt save some of the variables (is editable as a instance option) and was unclicked, this would be a nightmare if there were complex umg variables that had editable ticked
Variables are private by default in 4.6.1. Just to be clear. Did this solve your problems or do you still require assistance with this issue?