At Potential Motors we are passionate about building the future of driving by delivering the driving experience of the 21st century to every driver.
By building the most advanced automotive digital platform in the world, we are able to rapidly innovate on the AI based holistic vehicle control systems that will forever change the future of the driving experience. Robust digital simulation environments are a growing area by which the industry proves innovation before creating it in the real world. Designing, building, and maintaining these complex simulation environments will be the primary focus of the Simulation Software Engineer.
A strong candidate will be a creative software engineer with experience in digital simulation environments, and a drive to solve meaningful real-world problems. Your responsibilities will include:
- Work on a state-of-the-art virtual environment pipeline designed to simulate and validate advanced vehicle controls systems.
- Integrating other vehicle simulation components into the environment, including HIL environments.
- Developing accurate physics-based environments for full vehicle simulation and testing
- Collaborate with various software and mechatronics teams to meet the simulation goals.
What we are looking for:
- Experience building virtual environments for commercial use
- Experience with 3D modelling and related tools
- Demonstrated experience with creating and managing environments in the Unreal Engine toolset
- Proven proficiency in C++ and Python
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science/Engineering, Data Engineering or other related fields
- A willingness to think creatively to solve complex issues
- Excitement towards developing meaningful software
- Experience in the Automotive or Gaming industries would be an asset
- Ability to write technical documentation
Why work with us?
- You will have independence and the opportunity to have a real impact - your voice will be heard
- Loads of hands-on work
- You will work with something real - you will see your work driving!
- Lots of room to grow with the company, in position and in learning
- Freedom and flexibility in work-life balance
- A values-driven workplace and strong founding culture
- Unlimited vacation
- Health benefit plan
Does this sound like you? Would you like to learn more about this exciting career opportunity with our innovative start-up team? Please get in touch - we’d love to hear from you! Or if this sounds just like someone you know, please share this job posting.
We thank all who apply, however only those most closely matching these requirements will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV and a cover letter outlining how you feel you are qualified for this position to: [EMAIL=“firstname.lastname@example.org”]email@example.com