Simulate physics + Morph target + Dynamic Complex collision = it's real?

H1, I’m stumped. Tell an idiot, how can you elegantly combine all these three conditions in one actor?

ezgif-7-9d25caa0bf
The result I dream of

My task:
Actor “sheet of paper” having several morph poses. Each of the poses turns a piece of paper into a rolled up ball of paper (several morph poses only for visual variability of combinations)

ezgif-3-29a19c836c
paper to trash paper ball

(yes, the video shows baked animation, not target morp/skapekey, but that doesn’t matter, in my task there is only taget morphS)

So, there are from 3 to 20+ such actors in the scene and they must interact with each other in the terrarium under the wind currents:

1. Each Paper Actor is fixated on the eternal folding and unfolding of himself in different (random) proportions of his morph poses.
  2. Each actor must have complex collision calculated in real time for all intermediate poses.
  3. Each actor as a physical object must react to random activations of radial force (this is a bonus, there should be no problems with this)

My Q: is it real?

Now I couldn’t even pass the level of creating a dynamic complex collision and the included physics simulation at the same time.

ezgif-3-50a64a5279
My failures. Searching for dynamic complex collision

I’m assuming that Per Poly Collision will calculate the collision correctly for the skeletal mesh, okay. I was even able to set it up once. BUT I don’t understand how this will help me create an accurate complex dynamic real time coollison.

P.S.
It’s worth adding that I work with low poly. All of these sheets will be low poly. Also, the speed of my simulation of one target morph cycle lasts for several hours (!), to be honest, this my work does not look like the speedrun level. This is similar to vfx realtimeartprject chill‐ambient level. Any way, maybe these details will give an impetus to the thought, of course I am open to other ideas for solving this problem, but demonstrating the simulation of precise collisions is my main goal: the pieces of paper should fly constantly, fold and unfold, and thereby influence each other without penetration!

Regards, THXXX!

4 Likes

no one will answer you here, write to reddit