"Simulate in Editor" mode changes viewport camera to clip nearby objects at ludicrous distance

I’m using UE4 4.26.1.

In my project, I want to test a scene using the “Simulate” mode.
Simulate

However, entering into that mode, every object in the scene disappears. It seems that they are being clipped by the viewport camera. If I move the camera way out above the scene, I can see the objects being rendered.

Before (in editor):

After (in Simulate mode):

I’ve attempted setting the “Near Clip Plane” in Project Settings > General Settings to a smaller number, but didn’t notice any change. I tried restarting the engine after making that change too. In simulate mode, pressing F8 to spawn the character works fine; the player camera properly renders. On any other play mode, the camera looks fine as well. Any ideas on what could be going on? Cheers.

I’ve discovered that if you press F8, the player character will spawn. Everything is rendered at this point. Pressing F8 again will depossess the player character and allow me to control the camera freely and nothing is being clipped anymore. That being said, is there a reason why everything is being clipped before the player is spawned? Having to spawn the player every time sort of defeats the purpose of simulate mode.

It turns out that somewhere in my custom gamemode class, I adjust the near clip plane manually. In simulate mode, the player doesn’t spawn, so that near clip value got set to a ridiculously high number. Checking to make sure we’re in simulate mode (by using Get Num Spectators) solved the issue.