Simple Supply Drop Modification

I did not know about the weights, still learning. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I’m pretty sure all my weights are still at 1 for all items and I have not found any “guaranteed” items even with the weight setting being the same across the board. It seems like at sometimes certain items drop more than others. For example, last night I was trying to make sure all items were dropping on my tribe’s server and went to 4 blue drops in a row. 3 of the 4 drops had the same combo of items… Other times I don’t see the same item from a same color drop for days so I really don’t get it how it chooses what to load into the crate.

As for remapping doubles, I did that in the first version and it worked fine.
Speaking of first version, I originally just copied and renamed the crate files. It worked but when 217 came out it broke. Went back to finding default crates. No other version broke it before so not quite sure why it broke but I redid it with children this time to hopefully prevent any further breakage.

I’m going to tell you how I remapped crates for my own mod, try seeing if it’ll work for you.

1. Copied all crates to my mod folder and renamed them.
  2. Created custom loot sets as I saw fit.
  3. Cleared the default loot sets from the crates. Be aware that some loot sets are specified directly in the supply crate, and some are merely referenced (via the “override” option).
  4. Added the loot sets I wanted to see in each crate using the “override” option.
  5. Went to PrimalGameData and remapped all supply crates to their counterparts. For me, it was all level# crates, level#_double crates and cave crates.

This is how loot works:

• Each crate can have multiple entries for loot sets. The “min/max item sets” setting controls how many sets are rolled.
  • Each item set can have multiple item entries (groups). The “min/max number of items” setting controls how many entries are rolled.
  • Each entry entry can store any number of items. The “min/max quantity” settings controls how many items are rolled.

Each item group and loot set (and possibly individual items) have “weight” entries, but they are relative odds as opposed to absolute chance. If you have two sets both with a weight of 1 and the crate can only have 1 loot set, it means either has a 50% chance of appearing. However, if the crate is set to always give you 2 sets, that doesn’t mean you’ll see both sets: there is a good (50%) chance that you’ll see 2 instances of the same set.
The same logic applies on item entries and items.

Okay let me actually ask you this. I think the problem is in how I’m testing.

I think I just realized that summoning a red drop via admin cheats is not overridden via the mod due to it referencing the red drop BP itself. Is this correct? If that’s the case, and my mod is inside “Game/Mods/FG/FG_Crate60”, is that the path I use to summon this particular crate?

EDIT:

Confirmed, everything works as expected. I was using the admin cheat to spawn it in (like an idiot), and didn’t change the Blueprint. Sorry to have wasted your time!

Well, that’s sort of amusing.
An easy way to test crates is to drag them onto the testmap: they actually spawn “as normal”, descending from above and containing random loot.

I initially was testing this way. I stopped because I wanted to make sure it was overriding the in-game spawns, and thought that if I summoned them it’d be a good test. Then I looked at the cheat, noticed the BP itself, and facepalmed. I just throw my BP in the “cheat summon” command and it works like a charm.

Anyway, thanks for the help along the way. It was uber frustrating for a bit, but I finally realized my mistake.

Can you show me the command you used to successfully summon the modded crates? I’m having a hell of a time trying to figure out the same thing.

Sorry I don’t know the exact command structure to summon a crate, but it would be the same as you would summon a normal crate. Just change the BP name of the crate to the name of your crate. IE: If your’s was called SupplyCrate_Level03_karlulyanov, you’d do: summon SupplyCrate_Level03_karlulyanov instead of SupplyCrate_Level03

I’m actually trying to figure out how to summon yours. :slight_smile: cheat summon SupplyCrate_Cave_QualityTier4_Child wasnt working. I tried adding the full BP path too and couldn’t get it.

It would need to have the mod folder in the path IE: mods/506506101/SupplyCrate_Cave_QualityTier4_Child as far as I know. I’ve never summoned any, just flew my high speed ptera to them in SP when testing.

AHA I GOT IT TO WORK!

cheat spawnactor “Blueprint’/Game/Mods/BitchinBeacons/SupplyCrate_Cave_QualityTier4_Child.SupplyCrate_Cave_QualityTier4_Child’” 0 0 0

I went ahead and posted a comment and discussion with the spawn list. I saw a few people asking about spawning them and figured I’d put it up there. You should link it in your description :slight_smile: