simple game using upto 60 percent of cpu?

Hello again guys .so i am noticing some strange things happening with my game … Unreal reports that my game is running at a solid 120 fps . However my game often looks choppy and overall laggy . I noticed my gpu was getting a little hot .So took it apart and re applied some thermal compound .Which solved the heat issue .But not the overall issue …
Sometimes when i simply hover over the play button my fps drops to 6 fps and the whole system seems like its about to die .Yet if i press the play button the game reports 120 fps whilst being jerky and unresponsive …Now i would suggest that the issue is my hardware except i can run plenty of relatively tasking games at high detail just fine without the issues arising.Also when the game is working fine the task manager reports upto 60 percent cpu usage .

My specs are

i5 6500 (stock)
16gb ddr4 2133mhz
gtx 760 2gb (a little weak i admit)
120 gb ssd (unreal installed here)
2x 500 gb hdd (assets etc stored in these)

Should my simple game be using 60 percent of this cpu ?
Any help is appreciated thanks guys

Noone has seen your simple game and how simple it really is or how many serious programming mistakes you made.

It’s a bit like asking “Is it okay if my car gets 50 MPG?” but not letting us know the model of the car or even the engine - how should we know?

Without seeing the game i can only guess - it could probably use some optimiation and has some bad programming.

Hi its literally just taking out the gpu taking it apart cleaning the heatsink and chip with alcohol and then applying new thermal compound . and putting the whole thing back together .To anyone who has never done something like that it probably sounds quite drastic but its a very simple process . The red ring of death fix is a bit more complex as it usually calls for reballing .Because the tiny balls that connect the chip in place have gotten to such high temps they may move and become disconnected …My gpu never got close to that kind of stress .And i can show my game or at least my 1 and only blueprint . this is my only blueprint .Also i have one complex mesh and maybe 30 primitives with basic materials applied …

Don’t expect PIE to have the same performance than a packaged game. Package your game and look if it’s still jerky when playing it standalone.

Forgot to mention that packaged game does not have the same issue… lol

Hey i just use arctic silver but That just what i had lying around .It is also my default goto compound so i guess i would recommend that .I have a small video which shows my problem im just uploading it to youtube now and i will post link here …Also do you think that this other issue may be linked to this one …Also i have no idea about the crumble mesh colliding with the static mesh as the destructible mesh is created when the static mesh overlaps the obstacles . hopefully my video will answer some of your questions .

The video is terrible quality but i i wanted the recording software to have the smallest effect possible on the fps in order to show my problem which starts at around the 37 second mark .Please also note the 64k obj count in the top right which is dramatically larger than in reality .

Hi i just checked my scalability settings and everything is set to epic

Ok so i noticed slight lag on my desktop and decided to do a new install of windows …And now all of my problems have vanished .My kids use this pc from time to time and i use almost no protection against viruses/adware /malware so its no surprise that i had some problems .

It’s not needed. You can make a blank project and it’ll have 30% CPU.

i have the same issue, and i dont know how to fix this