Simple enemy spawn animation

Hi all,

At the moment I’m using a simple TriggerBox OnActorBeginOverlap and SpawnAIFromClass to spawn my enemy unit, I’d like to make a cutscene style spawn but have yet to find a successul method of doing this and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Have you taken a look at matinee? It will let you make cinematic effects/camera cutscenes. After you spawn your AI, you can call ‘Play Animation’, and then use matinee to achieve the desired cinematic look.

Thank you for replying. :slight_smile:

I have looked at matinee, I’m probably being really thick here but I’m slightly confused by your solution, how would I integrate the play animation?

You make your Matinee Scene and when spawning the MonsterAI, you simply call the Matinee you created. That’s all i guess. You may want to also play an animation
that you created for your Monster, like crawling out of the ground or what ever you made :smiley:

[
You make your Matinee Scene and when spawning the MonsterAI, you simply call the Matinee you created. That’s all i guess. You may want to also play an animation
that you created for your Monster, like crawling out of the ground or what ever you made :smiley:
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for replying also! I really appreciate the help you offer to a total newbie like myself.

My issue with what you’re describing (at least to me) is that it will leave one instance of the actor (enemy) in the level as a cutscene element and another as the “AI”. If that makes sense.