simple BPI not working

I’m trying to get a simple BPI event to fire, but it’s not.

The event starts in my characters’ “Event Any Damage”, and should be sent to the enemy causing the damage.
The damage works fine, but I can’t get the BPI event to occur in the Enemy BP.
I think the problem is something to do with the “Target” fed into the Interface (on My Character BP).

You can see what’s going on in the image below.
9716ec1331c900288a56c99d9b00a0d03e3e5c18.jpeg

Please help! I’ve been trying to get this working for 4 days! Very confused!
Thanks!

You are calling the BPI on the EnemyAIController, but you implemented the BPI on the Ue4ASP_Character.
Call the function on the Character that is controlled by the Controller or implement the BPI on the Controller.

Both Player and Enemy implement the BPI, and it’s still not working.
The event needs to be fired in enemy BP so it can access a variable of that specific enemy.

As i said, you are calling the BPI on the AIController, so he needs to have this implemented.

In the Screenshot above you only show the EnemyPlayerBP. This is not the Controller, but the pawn that is controlled by it.

Either you cast the “Instigated By”-Actor Input from the Event Any Damage node to AIController and then get the ControlledPawn
from it and call the BPI on this, or you implement the BPI on the AIController.

As eXi said, the Instigated By value is not your Enemy BP, it’s the controller that possess your Enemy BP. You should use Damage Causer on the AnyDamage event instead.

1.png
2.png

That did it. That totally did it.
‘Event Instigator’ uses Contoller, ‘Damage Causer’ uses my enemy’s BP.

Thank you both very much for your help and clearing that up.