Simple Blueprint Interface. Need Help!

Hello, i’m learning how to use Blueprint Interface.

All i’m trying to do is…

• Event Input Press Space from Blueprint 1 (A pawn I am Possessing and controlling) then call Blueprint Interface name “Thrust Up”.

• Which then should trigger Event Thrust Up and print out “Hello” on Blueprint 2 (An Actor I’m not possessing or controlling)

But i’m struggling to understand what goes into the Target Input of the Blueprint Interface. Is it the pawn i’m currently in control of? If so, that didn’t work either, the message didn’t fire from the other blueprint.

This is what I want to happen in the other blueprint.

Any pointers?

Thanks.

The reference to your other blueprint is what goes in there… because that’s the BP you want to send the message to.

How do I get that reference?

If you are putting both the actors in the level, then just make a variable of the right type in BP A, and then point at BP B in the level. Make the variable visible:

346942-screenshot-2.jpg

then in the level use the eye dropper to point to BP B

Hey, i’ve tried that, but nothing seems to be working.

Can you be a bit more specific?

Hey, nevermind about it, I figured it out with the function “Get All Actors of Class” and simply plugged it in the blueprint interface target node and it worked.

I solved this with the function “Get All Actors of Class” and simply plugged it in the blueprint interface target node and it worked.