I have moved this thread here to the released category. Here is the old link:
I made this for my game. If you have any questions, I will endeavor to get back to you in 24-48 hours.
The fastest way to reach me is : support(at)gregnotzelman.co.nz
Here is a Youtube link of the product overview.
Video Tutorials for use and customization can be found here:
Part One (Understanding map size): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWJToX-3CfM
Part Two (revealing map areas): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeK3sC0doc
Part Three (activating the UI): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRi1FovVxXY
Part Four (custom UI buttons): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4chOGrRz4Q0
Sidescroller UMG map system
This is a 3d scroller mapping system. This product is designed to help your level design work flow, and implement a world map UI. It is meant as a starting point for your game.
- UMG widget to map all of your levels in the game
- Unlimited map area reveals
- Easy to use save game object for revealing new areas of the map to the player. Works independently of your existing save game or checkpoint system.
- Tracks the player where ever they are on the map.
- Easily add important icon interactions to your map. Clickable events, such as transporting the player to a new level. (example shown in the down loadable project)
- When opening up the map it will focus on the players position.
- Works with all monitor resolutions and aspect ratios
Level Design features:
- Use the ready made grid to map out your levels.
- Any size world works. 3 example sizes are given.
- Easy to adjust user variables for your world size.
- Every level is still just that, its own level. (use 100 levels or one)
- Several work flow options for building your world.
A) start off with a sketch( or illustrator or photoshop file) of your levels and layout your geo.
B) use your level sketch as the starting map for your map UI
C) continue to refine , everything is easy to update.
A) use the 10x 10 grid as is and rough out your world in Unreal.
For a similar example of the kind map UI you could create with these blueprints, have a look at “The Swapper game map.” ( made by another company , this is a great game by the way)
This system works with any number of levels that occupy unique world space. In other words, if you have a hundred levels and they all overlap the same world space, this will not work. If you wanted a system that handled this you would need to manage offsets for each and every level.
Greg (aka Renderdog)