Side scroller background

I’m currently trying to figure out how to make an infinite side scroller. I’m stuck though on making the background duplicate or 're spawn to make it look like it goes forever. I’ve looked at the tappy chicken example but couldn’t find out how to make it work. Does anyone know how to make this happen? Out are there any tutorials. I’ve looked but couldn’t really find anything. Any help would be great!

Thanks

Would I or could I use level streaming? I never really thought to try it that way. I looked at the FAQ sheet and it seems like it would work. Just wanna see if there are any better ideas.

Anyone have any ideas?

I got the level streaming to work but not sure how to get the two levels to resoswn each other. Any ideas??

Are you using an image as a background? I’m assuming so? I’m not sure how you’d achieve this using blueprints myself (I’m still fairly new to unreal) but if you could make a seamless texture, you could replace that in the skybox and have your side-scroller move on a slight curve so it will move the skybox round. Just an idea that I thought I’d throw out there really…

Check my 2d infinite runner template , it may help you

Mhousse1247, I’ve downloaded your template last night and looked at it. I didsee where you had the block spawner, but wasn’t sure how you set it up. I looked at it for a few hours trying to figure it out but couldn’t really get it. I’m not the best with blueprints. If you could help that would be great.

I’ve done this with a space/star background. But I wanted to have a background like floppy bird, so I don’t think this would work.

Block spawner event is inside player_bp , look at the last node of tick event

Ill look at that tonight. How did you compress the block spawn into one node with a singe connector? It goes from event tick to the block spawner. I tried right clicking and compressing It but it wont give me the node with the single connector like yours. (Sorry I don’t know the name of the single node)

It’s been a while since I’ve set this up, but it might be a decent start to what you’re trying to do.

PM or reply if you have questions on how the blueprints are set up to make this work.

Double click it

Hello ,
I am new to Unreal and wanted to make this side scroller background.
I am using a sprite and have set the Camera to perspective.
I wanted a bit help with the blueprint working as I saw the link you posted and was convinced with it.