Showdown Cinematic VR Experience Released for Free

hi - asked on stream but was just a general question:

are these assets useable like the rest of the engine content released by Epic ?
ie: can assets etc. be used in projects &/or released games just like the engine content can now? (if only used w/ unreal engine)

I hit the play button and alls i see is the unreal logo. What do i do to start this thing up?

*nevermind… figured it out… space bar to start it.

Press SpaceBar :slight_smile:

Do any of the other maps do anything?

Is it a “Level Streaming” thing? I haven’t figured this feature out yet. Apparently you can separate a “map” or what not into “chunks” so you can chuck assets in and out even if the player doesn’t move much or something. So I’m kinda confused about map/ level/ etc terminology in UE4.

Experts please advise :slight_smile:

Yes, you’re good to go. Feel free to use the assets in your own UE4 projects. :slight_smile:

Very short, took an hour to load up the project, but one of the best VR experience i got ! Make a movie !

Everything you do is EPIC!

Anybody know if there is a way to re-center camera in this demo? Usually it would be either “R” or “V” but in this they don’t do it.

come from China

Same question… in UE 4.10.4 the position seems to be off

This worked for me: 4.11 character camera's height no working - XR Development - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hello,

Are we able to use these released assets in our games? The only rule is the content has to stay within UE4 correct? Am I able to use the robot scream in my commercial for the game as well? Please let me know! Thank you :slight_smile:

You can use any of the free content provided by Epic in a commercial game.

Is there any way to download this?

Yes, the Showdown VR Demo has been moved into the Marketplace (still for free), under the Showcase Demo category.

You can find it either on the Epic Games launcher, or on the web: Showdown VR Demo in UE Legacy Samples - UE Marketplace

Cheers