Show mouse cursor bug in 4.5

In 4.4 i could look around freely and spin camera view constantly. In 4.5 after BP node show mouse cursor and set to false is set. I can no longer look freely and it seems to be limited how far I can move, similar to how like up and down is limited. How ever if I press a mouse button even once, it fixes bug, and i can spin freely right to left again. I think its a bug because I didn’t have this issue prior to 4.5. Built on ball template using a windows client. Also graphics for meshes seems off in 4.5 UI and textures don’t seem to be effected. I get black borders instead anti-aliasing, makes it look like borderlands kind of. I also noticed that in my 4.5 linux editor I compiled last night. I didn’t seem to have these two issues.

I found out why it looked so bad. I unchecked monitor editor and set everything back to epic. Compiled from source and still getting show mouse cursor issue.

Hey Steve,

This has been reported in this post:

If you’re experiencing same thing, I am looking into a workaround while bug is looked at by developers, and I will let you know when there is an update. Thanks for your report!

I just heard back from developers, and it appears that default starting state may have changed slightly, but Set Show Cursor is generally insufficient to switch between Game/UI modes, which is what controls cursor being locked to viewport. correct way to set this up is to use Set Input Mode nodes in conjunction with Show Mouse Cursor nodes. Here is example from link above:

Hope that helps!

Unfortunately that is not issue I have. While I did have that issue once I fixed it by using node set enable click events to false and it rebinds my game back to view port with mouse look with no issues and with out clicking screen again. I tried using node set input mode game and ui and when doing so I have to hold mouse button down to move camera then (forcing player to hold mouse button to move would not be a good thing). I also tried adding node set input mode game only, this one does allow camera to move as it should, but it does not fix issue at all. While I never needed node before should I leave it there any way? As I said though It didn’t fix issue, nor did I use it before. I’m posting a video to make it easier to demonstrate issue I get with 4.5 - YouTube

Okay, I watched video and I can see issue, but I haven’t been able to reproduce it. I may need to see more of Blueprint in question. Could you post some screenshots, or and attach BP’s .uasset for me to look at? Or if you can set up a test project that displays same problem, you can put that up in Dropbox and send me a link. Thanks!

When I press pause on controller or keyboard pause menu comes up. If I press pause button on controller or keyboard again it calls to function resume game and every thing works fine. If I click resume button with mouse, which is shown in my pictures, it also calls to resume game function. How ever bug happens every time. You can fix it by pressing any mouse button once, scrolling wheel does not fix it.

If you place Set Input Mode Game Only before Show Mouse Cursor node in Resume Game function, do you still get same result?

Added node and checked, no change. I had to run out of house for a bit and came back and there was an update to 4.5.1. I rechecked and it was fixed! I then removed extra node and same issue came up again. In 4.5.0 it was broke. In 4.5.1 with that node added its fixed. I would say someone figured it out and fixed it in 4.5.1 I still needed that new node though in new engine. Thank you.

Glad it’s working for you now! Please let us know if this issue reappears, as these Input Mode nodes are new to 4.5. Thanks!