Show External Login UI crashes the Game

So I’ve just started to try and implement in-app purchases. The documentation is not reliable, the latest information on the forums I find is not accurate or helpful and by using the “Show External Login UI” my app now crashes.

I got the following blueprint:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=61916&stc=1&d=1445291837

I need some help with how this flow works and how I’m even supposed to use the very few nodes available for in-app purchases in the first place.

None of the below nodes work at all. They all fail:

http://puu.sh/kScuM/8779b16312.png

Hey Vipar,

In order to better assist you, we’re going to need the from the device that it’s crashing on. Please provide the following:

• What device are you on?
  • What Android version are you on?
  • What version of the Engine are you on?
  • Have you tried any of the 4.10 previews?
  • Can you provide a screenshot of your blueprints?

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

I have now fixed it myself after much trial and error and searching the Stackexchange on pure Android projects.

• Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
  • I did try 4.10 Preview 2 but it didn’t change anything. Same crash occurred.

64558-8edfd01fb0[1].png

Really what you need to do is much more complicated to make this work. You have to add additional parameters to the Android Project Settings, the App’s ID to the String Value file and open up for about 8 different APIs in the developer console.

The only way I figured any of this out was to do an ADB Logcat file of the system running and trying to start the game and then filter through a big log of text to find the final errors.

One of the errors were that logging in failed as a specific API was not unlocked in the developer console.

The Error that comes after is that the app has no App ID.

1 Like

Hello, i am having the exact same issue and tried every possible fix i could find online but no luck. Can you tell me how did you fix it?