Should I upgrade my hardwares?

Hello everyone,
I’m a beginner, and I’m learning from official tutorials now.
2 - Turning On a Light with Level Blueprint

When I opened StarterMap.umap, it took a long long time (over 5 minutes), and engine even crashed once.

Here is my computer:
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4
CPU: AMD FX-4100 (Quad)
Memory: DDR3 2x8=16GB (dual channel)
VGA: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Monitor: ASUS HDMI(←I think it’s okay)

Should I upgrade my computer in order to my game develop?
Thanks!

Your computer may not be the best but it is defiantly not the worst, it might be due to the age of the computer or maybe I’m completely wrong, you could try factory reset your computer as this will sometimes fix your issues or just delete everything you don’t need.

for the future i would recommend you upgrade your GPU and CPU

I think this is the problem…I tried a R7 260x instead of the HD and it is working great so far…cost $149…the R9 265x would be better if you can afford…

Looking at your system, it shouldn’t take 5 mins to open the umap file. I’d go with AG1998’s suggestion. Then get the latest drivers for everything.

Without knowing more, it’s hard to help. It could be a driver conflict, lack of hard-drive space, dodgy RAM, etc etc. Good luck!

avoid antivirus programs that are rumored to be fake or that seem to good to be to true.

AG1998 do you mean the R7 265?

R7 265 is not far off just a re-branded HD 7850, still probably one of the best buys in the price range it just won’t be a HUGE upgrade.
I’d agree on GPU/CPU upgrade first (you have plenty of RAM =]).

If you are looking to upgrade make sure to mention your budget =]