Should I create a 2D prototype of my 3D game?

There is one program that’s free. It’s called Blender. People used it to make scenery, buildings, characters, games and short films. You can download it from their official site https://www.blender.org/

I have that.I downloaded maya too but i got the student version and i don’t think i can use it commercially.

Blender has no royalty fee for anything you make. There is also scupltris made from pixologic. Not sure about any royalty fees. It’s very basic unlike ZBrush.

You don’t like zbrush?

I like ZBrush. It’s awesome. But Sculptris isn’t that advanced but it’s free is what I’m saying.

oh ok. I’ll try out blender with the 2D

I want my game to sort of be like the old school RPG. Which template should I choose?

0876e3688fb76b8be0e7b10bd80f5299e71db52d.jpeg

Which one? And should it be blueprint or c++?

Jasmine choose the one, you like most.

Alright. And how do u know my name?
Oh lol

My game is going to be RPG style, kind of lie the old school games like pokemon and final fantasy

You can do top down if you do BP. Or you can pick 3rd person and change the camera angle in the character BP to adjust to your liking.

The 2d templates won’t work?

They will. So are you gonna do just the game RPG mechanics like pokemon and final fantasy? Or camera angle to?

I think the RPG game mechanics lke pokemon and final fantasy. I thin that way may be better for me because if I do third person then, I’ll have to change the camera around and do this and that.

If it’s just the mechanics then 2D would work fine. Adjusting the camera isn’t that much work. But do what you feel comfortable with.

Ok thanks.

If you use the 2D template but you want to be able to see 2.5D, you’ll need to change the player’s camera’s view mode from ‘Orthographic’ to 'Perspective.

Oh ok. Thank you

When you are working solo at a game, and its your first time, “playing” with UE4, then i recommend you to look in some examples.
Some you can find in the launcher (when you start UE), or here in the forum.

Magic ^^