Should Animation Blue print ever replicate variables that are strictly in that Animation Blueprint event graph?

Should Animation Blue print ever replicate variables that are strictly in that Animation Blueprint event graph?

Im learning about replication and up until now i noticed that most tutorials show a characters event graph replicate a variable and then in the animation blueprint it would set the corresponding variable from the characters variable.

So basically both the character and the animbp have a variable for crouch for instance… and the characters variable is the one thats replicated and i see the animbp get that value from the character.

Im curious about a variable that is just in the animbp that is not coming from any value in the characters event graph. Does that need to be replicated somehow as well? Will the animbp changing a variable for use in the animbp happen on all players if not replicated?

like if i set a variable in an animbp event graph… does it happen for all players? Or would that need to be replicated.