[SHORT FILM] Sci-Fi Animation/Cinematic rendered in UE4

Hellu there,
I just completed my latest student short-film and thought I’ll share, as it is rendered in Unreal.

It’s a sci-fi spin on the story of Adam and Eve and how the humanity came to be (Well, if you believe in it).
If you want to read more about it, head to the video’s description on YouTube, as I don’t want to write a short essay amount of stuff here :stuck_out_tongue:

I was hoping to use RTX (I’ve got a GTX1080), and I could get it to work in the editor but it would crash constantly. The reflections and his eyes were MAGNIFICENT :smiley: That said, I was able to use RTX shadows (If rendered in 2K and not 4K) which actually didn’t do that much of a change, unless you’re actually looking for it (There are so many lights in the corridor that it looks like a smooth raytraced shadow :D), but it was able to fix some issues with non-raytraced lights that I had before. That’s why I decided to use them nonetheless and render in 2K.

And yes, it is Adam from the Unity shorts. It’s available for free to download on Unity Store, and according to what I read, you can do pretty much whatever you want with it as long as it’s non-commercial. Although I don’t think they expected someone to put it in a different engine :smiley:

This looks great. Unexpected to see Adam in Unreal, good job!

nicely done

Awesome work, Can almost see this being possible in 50 to 100 years.

Well done and interesting