ShooterGame, syntax error : missing ';' before identifier...

Error 1 error C2146: syntax error : missing ‘;’ before identifier ‘OnPlayerTalkingStateChangedDelegate’ D:\Game Development\Unreal Projects\TheIlluminatti\Source\TheIlluminatti\Classes\UI\ShooterHUD.h 340

Hi guys & gals,

I’m trying to compile a renamed version of the ShooterGame and it is not finishing the building of the Game DLL because of that error.

The non-renamed version of ShooterGame works and compiles fine… ??

1.) I used a few tools to replace the name of files with ‘ShooterGame’ to ‘TheIlluminatti’.

2.) I used Notepad++ to open every file inside Source and Config folders and rename any string mentioned from ‘ShooterGame’ to ‘TheIlluminatti’

That is all I changed, before generating the project files to open in VS2013.

Please help me fix this. I know its something simple, but for the life of me I’ve spend 18 hours doing this over and over again and have not been able to track down the problem.

2> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: D:\Game Development\Unreal Projects\TheIlluminatti\Binaries\Win64\TheIlluminatti-Win64-DebugGame.exe
2> Cumulative action seconds (8 processors): 0.00 building projects, 2650.62 compiling, 0.00 creating app bundles, 0.00 generating debug info, 53.94 linking, 0.00 other
2> UBT execution time: 762.87 seconds
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(43,5): error MSB3073: The command “Z:\Live\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat TheIlluminatti Win64 DebugGame “D:\Game Development\Unreal Projects\TheIlluminatti\TheIlluminatti.uproject”” exited with code 2.
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

You have deleted a ; in the mentioned file. Have you checked that?
Without the code and line of that file the error mentioned we can’t do anything here ):

EDIT: Your additional info misses the actual “failed” error.

EDIT2: I also moved this thread to the C++ section.

Hi Xi

Screenshot attached

This is what I see at the top of the class:

Not sure if this could be the cause for the problem.

I haven’t deleted anything. I have changed nothing except renaming ‘ShooterGame’ to ‘TheIlluminatti’

I recently read that changing the name of the game causes it to no longer compile. A fix is being worked on for the next release of the demo. I will try and find the post where I read this to see if there is more info.

Thanks !