I don’t know what’s going on lately, but all of a sudden after the update to the launcher, things just seem to be incredibly broken.
When I create a blank ShooterGame template with ShooterGame as the defaulting name, I have no issues compiling code. However when I choose to create a ShooterGame template and have a custom name, this happens.
Info ERROR: Couldn’t find target rules file for target ‘MyNameGame’ in rules assembly ‘MyNameGame_EditorRecompileModuleRules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.
G:\Unreal4 - This is my custom built unreal 4 folder.
G:\MyNameGame\MyNameGame.uproject - self explanatory where my project is.
I’m currently having the same problem. I generated a project from ShooterGame using the Unreal Engine frontend. When using the name “ShooterGame” to generate the project all is fine. When using a custom name I get the above “Target rules” error.
I believe the problem could be that the build target files inside the project are still called ShooterGame* - ShooterGame.Target.cs, ShooterGameEditor.Target.cs, ShooterGameServer.cs etc. The project generator should probably generate these files to match the project name given by the user.
I verified this was the case by renaming ShooterGame.Target.cs to [MyGame].Target.cs, and renamed the ShootGameTarget class inside the file to be [MyGame]Target, and did this for the other target files, and then the build got passed this error.
So it seems generating a ShooterGame project with a different name isn’t working right.
I was able to create a new ShooterGameTemplate with a different name from the launcher. Are you working form the launcher or from GitHub? Also, what is the message you receive when you try to create a project?
This is still broken in 4.10.0
So after a full year not fixed.
I came here because i encountered this first with the sidescroller c++ template and checked then also the shooter template too … its the same bug.
And as for the cl number its of no use when its nowhere to be found on the net except for this thread.
I took a look at the other issue that you linked, but was unable to reproduce that issue in 4.10. If you have not already done so, could you create a new post in the Bug Reports section about the issue you are currently experiencing with as much information as possible and we will take a look at what is going on.
I know this thread is pretty old, but I hope I can help. I had the very same error popping out, but as I tracked down I found out that error was coming because of in correct sign automatically generated by Win10 in project folder name (yeah its really weird). In Intermediate folder there is a “PCH.ProjectName.h.cpp” file. There should be a path to your project’s header file. Check if the path is correct. I had some incorrect signs there and after manually changing them, error disappeared. Peace