ShooterGame Bot Editing?

I have made a basic defensive bot that moves to a point at the beginning of a match, and I wanted to implement the same simple behaviour to extend the ShooterGame bots and have a “DefenderBot” and an “AttackerBot”. So the defender stays at a fixed point unless an enemy comes within a certain radius, and the attacker moves toward the enemy’s defend point. However, when I create the object “DefenderPoint” (TargetPoint in editor) in the blackboard for the ShooterGame behaviour tree, it creates as a blue object ok, but when I try and link it up with the “Move To” node, the only selectable options are “Enemy” and “Destination”. It works fine with my example on its own, but as soon as I bring it into the ShooterBot behaviour tree and try and implement it, it just won’t let me! Am I missing something or would I have to jump into the code? Alternatively can you go backwards and add the functionality of shooting to the simple tree, and build on that? Thanks!

When you add an Object-type key to your blackboard you can specify a object class that ill be stored there. BTTask_MoveTo shows only vector-type and object-type of class Actor and actor-derived. You just need to update your Blackboard :slight_smile:

Cheers,

–mieszko

Thanks for the response! Please excuse my idiocy, but how would I go about updating my Blackboard to accept objects from other classes? Or do I change the DefenderTarget to the Actor class instead? Would that update the Blackboard?

Changing the “DefenderTarget” object in the blackboard to base class “Actor” has allowed it to be selected- but the pawn isn’t moving to the target point as expected! It could just be some mistake I made, thanks for helping me get it selectable!