Shooter Game Release Notes

I’m using Shooter Game as the foundation for a Coop FPS game I’m developing. The most encumbering aspect to using Shooter Game example, is the fact that it’s very difficult to update your project when a new engine version drops. Usually you end up with compile errors from VS, things aren’t compatible anymore, etc.

Now that UE 4.4 has dropped, I want to update to start using the latest features (Behavior Tree is amazing!). It would be very helpful if Epic put out release notes on Shooter Game 4.4.

I’ve gone over the release notes for the engine, however what would be extremely helpful is release notes on everything that has been modified in Shooter Game 4.4. This would help make the update process on my end go smoother if I know exactly what has changed in C++ or any other area of the project. Shooter Game is the most complex game sample Epic has released, it makes sense for you guys to put out release notes specific to that project.

Can we get release notes for Shooter Game posted on here?

Thanks!

Personally, I go over each file on the Source folder, and open each file in Notepad++, one from 4.3 and one from 4.4. For example, ShooterCharacter.h from 4.3 and ShooterCharacter.h from 4.4 Then I use the diff plugin for Notepad++ to compare what changed, and merge the changes to my project.

Most of the changes in 4.4 ocurred in the UI folder. They also removed ShooterGameKing.

By the way: the main menu is not appearing for me in 4.4 (when I run the ShooterEntry level). Are you having this issue as well?

Oh, just found out my problem. I should have diff’ed the Config folder as well. Important stuff were added to DefaultGame.ini and DefaultEngine.ini as well.