Shipped game crashes on windows 8

Hi,

I just handed a game to a client, and it crashed at startup, on his windows 8 PC. This is terribly embarrassing.

I tested the game on windows 7, and it worked flawlessly.

I need help ASAP.

Thank you.

Hey ,

In order to assist you further, I’m going to need a bit more information. Which version of the Editor did you build your game within? Would it be possible to provide me with the error from the crash on start up? Also, how did you package the game, was it packaged for shipping or development? I see that the tag says shipping, but I want to verify this.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks!

I’m using 4.7.6, and I can’t provide the error log at the moment, as the client went for a travel today, he’ll be back in 1 week, and I have no windows 8 machine at hand. I packaged the game for shipping.
Thanks for the help!

Hey ,

Thank you for giving me that information. Sadly, I’m going to need to wait for the from the Windows 8 computer, so please send any request necessary to your client. Once we receive those, we should be able to get to the bottom of it.

Looking forward to speaking with you soon!

Hey ,

I have not heard from you in about a week. For tracking purposes, I must resolve this thread at this time. If you have any further questions regarding this topic, please reply back to this thread. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to post a new question on AnswerHub.

Have a great day!

Hi,
I will contact the client tomorrow, and ask him for the error code.
By the way, the shipping build has 3 executables as I noticed. Can you tell me what each of them do? Maybe he executed the wrong file.

Hey ,

Just update this thread when you’re able to. We do have a bug that’s currently put in for shipped packages not opening correctly, but they’re not crashing. They simply do not respond. This issue has been fixed but it’s not released yet. It’s possible this may be the issue he’s running into, but it also may not be the issue.

Please provide the full when you’re able to. If they want to keep their private, simply send them to me in a private message on the forums.

Much appreciated! :slight_smile: