Sharing project and asset files on the internet

Hi there,

Sometimes subscription users ask me sharing asset with others. Please let me make sure to understand whats permitted with EULA for subscription users…

a) share Unreal technology source codes, tools and assets with subscription users (so it means sharing at off-line, closed area or secure area with same subscription version users)

b) share less than 30 lines of source code for discuss about Unreal technology at public area (public forum or blog on the internet).

c) publish and share the built .pak package or something like that of application that contains converted Epic Game’s templates and samples.

d) share the Epic Game’s templates and samples of .uproject and .uasset files at public area (public forum or blog on the internet, cloud storage, GitHub, etc.).

d-1) share subscription user’s whole project files that contains .uproject file that generated by UE4 editor and .uasset files that copied from template checking “Include Starter Content” option.

d-2) share subscription user’s whole project files that contains d-1 and migrated .uasset files from Epic Game’s samples (e.g. Elemental demo, Content Examples).

Sometimes subscription users ask about it, and I think a,b,c are OK with EULA, but I’m not sure about d-1 and d-2. However, I think sharing whole WIP or completed whole project files with users are very good resource for beginners to learn UE4 by tweaking other person’s projects. And migrating assets from Epic’s sample is powerful and help non artists to realize high quality rendering.

Any your advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

a) share Unreal technology source codes, tools and assets with subscription users (so it means sharing at off-line, closed area or secure area with same subscription version users)

This level of content can be shared on the Unreal Engine GitHub network or between other subscribers with the same level of access. For example, between two current subscribers, any UE content can be shared. But if one licensee is a current subscriber and the other cancelled his subscription a few months ago, the current subscriber cannot share the most recent engine updates.

b) share less than 30 lines of source code for discuss about Unreal technology at public area (public forum or blog on the internet).

Licensees can share snippets of UE4 source code up to 30 lines in length publicly (such as Reddit or blog) for legitimate discussion purposes. So, for example, a licensee could ask friends a question about a snippet of code on a personal blog, but they could not post the code on a blog for the purpose of distributing the code.

c) publish and share the built .pak package or something like that of application that contains converted Epic Game’s templates and samples.

This is permitted.

d) share the Epic Game’s templates and samples of .uproject and .uasset files at public area (public forum or blog on the internet, cloud storage, GitHub, etc.).

This is permitted.

d-1) share subscription user’s whole project files that contains .uproject file that generated by UE4 editor and .uasset files that copied from template checking “Include Starter Content” option.

This is permitted.

d-2) share subscription user’s whole project files that contains d-1 and migrated .uasset files from Epic Game’s samples (e.g. Elemental demo, Content Examples).

This is not permitted with respect to the Elemental demo (which is not in the Samples or Templates folders), but it is permitted with respect to the Content Examples marketplace item.

Thank you so much Canon!