Shared Derived Data Cache (DDC) settings are not read from DefaultEngine.ini

I did follow those steps, but no matter what I do in the DefaultEngine.ini, the settings doesn’t show up in the Editor. UE won’t connect to the DDC.
Derived Data Cache | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

The only way it would work is to go in the project settings and set the path in the UI. I would have to do this on every computers.
I have this issue in 5.1 and 5.1.1.

I haven’t tried the environment variable approach as this is not ideal for us. We would like to have a shared ddc per project.

This is what I added at the beginning of DefaultEngine.ini file (in the project’s config)

[DerivedDataBackendGraph]
Shared=(Type=FileSystem, ReadOnly=false, Clean=false, Flush=false, DeleteUnused=true, UnusedFileAge=10, FoldersToClean=10, MaxFileChecksPerSec=1, ConsiderSlowAt=70, PromptIfMissing=false, Path=S:\path\to\ddc, EnvPathOverride=UE-SharedDataCachePath, EditorOverrideSetting=SharedDerivedDataCache)

I also tried to add this in DefaultEditorSettings.ini (in the project’s config)

[/Script/UnrealEd.EditorSettings]
LocalDerivedDataCache=(Path="")
SharedDerivedDataCache=(Path="S:/path/to/ddc")
bEnableDDCNotifications=True
bNotifyUseUnrealCloudDDC=True
bNotifySetupDDCPath=True
bNotifyEnableS3DD=True
bEnableS3DDC=True

Hi there. I was having the same issues and it took me a long time to figure out a solution. In the BaseEngine.ini file it had some comments there that said that [DerivedDataBackendGraph] is the default graph for source builds, whereas [InstalledDerivedDataBackendGraph] is the default for installed builds. It also describes what each flag does in case you want to make any adjustments to the settings (for example setting PromptIfMissing to True will let you know if your mount has dropped if you’re connecting to a mounted drive for your shared DDC).

So for myself I had to use the [InstalledDerivedBackendGraph] in order to get it to work. Try putting this in your DefaultEngine.ini in your project directory’s Config folder:

[InstalledDerivedDataBackendGraph]
Shared=(Type=FileSystem, ReadOnly=false, Clean=false, Flush=false, DeleteUnused=true, UnusedFileAge=10, FoldersToClean=10, MaxFileChecksPerSec=1, ConsiderSlowAt=70, PromptIfMissing=true, Path=U:\YourPathGoesHere\DerivedDataCache, EnvPathOverride=UE-SharedDataCachePath, EditorOverrideSetting=SharedDerivedDataCache)

yes I found out as well and it works perfectly. The documentation should be updated with this information as I believe many are using the installed version.

Thanks a lot for your reply !