Shadow Distance on Mobile Device Issue

Hello,

I’ve tried to change the distance from where shadows begin to disappear in a project I’m, developing, but without success so far. Currently the draw distance of shadows is to low for my purposes, as I can clearly see the shadows poping up on Objects, that can be seen on screen. And I have to get really near to get them “active”. This happens with static and dynamic shadows. Only difference is, that I have to be a bit closer to dynamic shadows to make them get visible.

I’ve tried messing with my directLight settings and also by changing “r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=x”, but no change so far at all.

Furthermore this appears only by testing directly on my mobile device. In the Editor it’s ok.

Would appreciate any suggestions/help

Big THX in advance!

I am sorry as I do not have a proper answer on how you can fix that issue. However, here are some resources you can use to help with optimization for mobile. Perhaps the answer lies within the documentation: Performance Guidelines for Mobile Devices | Unreal Engine 4.27 Documentation

1 Like

Hi EliasWick,

I have to admit that I realized it, to be a quiet “diffuse” topic, as it seems to be very device specific. That’s what I could learn so far, regarding this.
Nevertheless a big THX for your effort :slight_smile:

No worries, let me know if you end up solving it; and if so, how? :slight_smile:

1 Like