Shading error that looks like a flat shade, but the shading is displayed correctly when i open the inspector

Summary

When previewing the model, the shading is looking like it has a “shade flat” but should be “shade smooth / auto smooth” but when i click on the “open the scene inspector” the shading looks good. It’s strange… I’m putting the url for the dev team since i did not publish it, it’s on draft. Any one encountered a similar bug ? I uploaded a .blend file directly with quad faces.

Here an example in preview :
Capture d’écran 2024-09-27 à 14.49.20
And here when the scene inspector is on :

Second problem : a strange artefact is visible on part of every objects inside the models (the file is composed of 4 products, and all of them have this rectangle at different parts (side by side), and it doesn’t look like it’s part of the textures sometimes. Strange… The model is perfectly fine on Sketchfab (texture and shading)

What type of bug are you experiencing?

Other

URL where the bug was encountered

https://www.fab.com/portal/listings/1b078d1c-8f57-4441-be0f-e2592aebdcb0/preview?from=listings_list

Steps to Reproduce

Previewing the model, the bottle of milk is looking like “shade flat” but should be “shade smooth”, and when clicking on the : open the scene inspector button the shading looks good.

Expected Result

The shading should look like the one when the inspector scene is opened (smooth)

Observed Result

The shading when previewing the 3d model is wrong when not opening the inspector

Platform

Chrome OS Version 128.0.6613.138 (official Build) (arm64), on MAC M2 max, Mac OS Sequoia

Operating System

Mac OS Sequoia

Hi there @Esilios. Thanks for your report - we’re taking a look.